Darkov sanatorium and its role in the treatment of diseases, Darkov Spa is located in the northeastern part of the Czech Republic in the town of Karvina. Moravo, Silesia On the border with Poland.
The establishment of the first health resort for iodine and bromine in the Czech Republic is related to the discovery of a healing spring of iodine and bromine, The so-called brine (Solyanka), It was accidentally discovered by Baron Jessi Bess of Chrastina while examining coal resources within his lands in the second half of the nineteenth century.
The locals have been using this spring for a long time. The emergence of the spa dates back to 1867 when the healing of local waters was recognized and the first spa season opened.
since then, Darkova salt has been delivered all over Europe, The main attraction of the resort’s architecture is the Public House with a ballroom built in the secesse style.
At the beginning of the twentieth century, The construction began in a modern functional style at that time. Most of the buildings built in this style are still in use today.
In 1989, When there was a gradual decline in coal mining in the Karvina city area, The buildings of the spa have been reconstructed and modernized, the lands of the outskirts of the resort have been cultivated and become more attractive to resort guests.
A park has been arranged with many thrones and statues, The beautiful resort center is just a few minutes’ walk away. The modern city of Karvina is completely different from the ancient city of Karvina. It is a city of miners, Which completely changed due to the shutdown of coal mine production.
The old town is now only perceptible in St. Peter’s Basilica of Alcantara, which the locals call the “slanting” church in Karvina, The curvature of its walls is linked to underground mines, As a result, this church now stands with its circumference lower by about 36 meters than before. In addition to the city attraction, the experimental castle with park is also worth a visit.
Darkov sanatorium – treatment
Darkoff Spa patients can eliminate or at least reduce the permanent complications of diseases or injuries of the musculoskeletal and nervous system with the help of rehabilitation assistance, Which are provided in sanatoriums by high-level specialists using a natural healing agent – iodine bromide water -, This water of the geological level is actually sea water of the third age, which surround coal deposits in this area near Ostrava and for the high salt content.
It has earned the nickname Solianka (brine), There are a number of different factors acting on these waters for millions of years. such as (pressure, and high temperatures), And all this led to the enrichment of the waters with a large number of elements from the local marine flora and fauna, Which explains the positive impact of that water on the human body.
highly mineralized water, They contain a huge amount of iodine (800 times more than sea water), And because of the depth in which it is located, It is 500-600 meters underground, It is completely devoid of cultural sediments.
Iodine and bromine water increases immunity, improves general health, movement, and the functioning of the central nervous system. And Solianka completely relaxes the muscles, It makes ligaments and tendons more flexible. improves blood supply to tissues and internal organs, improves skin processes, soothes inflammatory foci, In addition to thermal effects when used externally (baths, body wraps), It also acts as a sedative, It kills pain and muscle spasms.
Treatment in Darkov takes place in two clinics: – The Darkov Health Center in Karvina Darkov and the Rehabilitation Clinic in Karvina Hranes.
How can mineral springs act on internal organs?
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
- Bacterial disease.
- Arthritis of different localization.
- Painful tendons and joint syndromes.
- Chronic nerve root syndrome.
- coxarthrosis, Knee joint disease.
- Non-articular rheumatism.
- Other serous spondyloarthritis.
- Complex osteoporosis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- States after lower limb amputation.
- states after orthopedic operations.
- Post-traumatic situations.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Hypertensive disease of the second and third stage.
- Peripheral vascular disease.
- Peripheral vessel damage and thrombosis.
- Conditions after angioplasty.
- Gynecological diseases.
- Diseases of the internal female genital organs.
- After complex gynecological operations.
- Diseases of the nervous system.
- infantile cerebral palsy, Paraplegia and paraplegia.
- flaccid paralysis and radicular syndromes.
- Neuromuscular diseases.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Post-traumatic states and nervous processes.
- Inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system.
- skin diseases;
- a disease of the skin;
- generalized psoriasis;
- Chronic executioner.
- Condition after burns.
- Toxic contact dermatitis.
Darkov Sanatorium – Contraindications
For what disease is it not suitable:
- Infectious diseases and bacilli carrier status.
- All diseases are in the acute stage.
- Clinical signs of cardiovascular failure.
- Malignant arrhythmias and decompensated hypertension.
- Post-deep vein thrombosis – within 3 months after recovery.
- States after superficial thrombophlebitis – within 6 weeks after recovery.
- Recurrent heavy bleeding from any source within 12 months after the last one, Treatment is possible only with the consent of a hematologist and a transfusion specialist.
- cachexia of any etiology.
- Oncological diseases during treatment or with clinical signs of disease after treatment.
- Decompensated epilepsy.
- Acute psychosis or other mental illness with antisocial manifestations.
- Alcoholism and addiction to psychotropic substances
- Tobacco addiction.
- Second and third stage urinary incontinence and fecal incontinence