What is orthopedic surgery?
Orthopedics is a branch of surgery concerned with correcting deformities of the bones and joints and treating and preventing their diseases. The specialists are called orthopedic surgeons or orthopedic surgeons.
Our doctors in the orthopedic clinic deal with the diagnosis, rehabilitation and treatment of surgeries as well as postoperative care for diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system, including:
The skeleton and ligaments
The joint and spine system
Damage to muscles, nerves and vessels.
In addition to pre- and post-operative diagnosis and treatment, all physicians at KSM Clinic are qualified to perform surgeries as part of the Orthopedics and Traumatology Department.
Here is a group of highly specialized surgeries that we perform:
- Hip and knee joint implants
- Reconstruction of the cruciate ligaments after trauma using titanium and bioabsorbable implants
- Corrective operations for the foot and hand: carpal tunnel, hammer finger, hallux valgus, snap finger, hand knot, Morton’s neuroma, Dupuytren’s contracture, Edit the strings
- Synovectomy in the hand
- Stem cell and plasma treatment
A range of treatments that we do:
- Achilles tendon repair surgery and ulnar nerve release surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and big toe sclerosis surgery
- Hammer surgery and Morton’s neuroblastoma surgery
- Dupuytren contracture surgery and tenosynovitis surgery
- Removal of ganglion cyst and osteosynthesis material
- Synovectomy for knee osteoarthritis
- Synovectomy of the hand and wrist
- Surgery to remove the bone bag and the popliteal cysts of the knee joint
- Knee arthroscopy and shoulder arthroscopy Ankle arthroscopy
- External hip replacement and external knee replacement
- Tumor surgery and cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Carpal tunnel surgery, stem cells and plasma
For example, orthopedics is not limited to treating and repairing damaged areas, It also includes replacing them with joints and metal bones, such as knee replacement and pelvic replacement, In some cases, the lameness is surgically repaired to avoid joint deformity and damage to the health of the legs.
For example, there are other less stimulating procedures in orthopedics, Like the Ilizarov procedure, Which increases short stature by an average of 15-25 cm.