Back and spine pain are becoming more and more common these days. Especially for people who spend most of their time at desks while working, Sitting is often incorrect, which can aggravate symptoms. There are some ways to treat this pain, which is through spinal surgery, physical therapy, or injections for pain relief.
The surgery aims to reduce pressure on the spinal cord by removing part or an entire vertebra of the spine and some ligaments that may be pressing on the area and is used to relieve pain caused by changes in the spine with age or birth defects.
Minimally invasive surgery at KCM Clinic, Priority is given to safe and effective treatment, which means that most operations are done to treat the disease and have the least possible impact on the rest of the spine, making patients recover faster and the result is more satisfactory.
At KCM Clinic, specialists deal in:
- Surgical excision of the skin lesion with histopathological report
- Lumbar fixator removal
- Implant repositioning surgery
- Spinal cord stimulation for chronic pain
One of the advantages of the minimally invasive surgery that is performed at KCM Clinic is that it is performed with minimal invasiveness. It relies on the use of an endoscope during surgery to allow surgeons the best possible vision during surgery. Modern techniques that rely on minimally invasive surgery can significantly speed up the healing process, reduce postoperative pain, and significantly improve the final effect of the surgery.
When is minimally invasive spine surgery used?
Minimally invasive spine surgery is performed to treat many conditions. At KCM Clinic, Minimally invasive neurosurgery can be used to:
- installation, It is often performed on degenerative discs
- Herniated disc repair
- Corrective procedures such as scoliosis
- Reducing pressure on the spine
- Repair and stabilization of vertebral compression fractures
- Spinal tumors
Prior to surgery, the neurosurgeon will inform you about the possibility of minimally invasive surgery during the preoperative consultation.
What are the benefits of minimally invasive spine surgery?
Minimally invasive neurosurgery has many advantages over open surgery, including:
- Cause minimal tissue disruption in the surgical area (muscles, ligaments, etc.).
- Some small scars instead of one big scar
- The shortest possible time in the hospital
- Get the shortest and fastest recovery and rehabilitation time
- Reducing postoperative pain
- Less blood loss during surgery